The Ferenc Rákóczi II. County Library has built its electronic catalogue since1998, presently using CORVINA Integrated Library System. The data base is available on the computers found in the reading rooms, in the Information Area and in the Internet at the URL http://opac.rfmlib.hu/WebPac/CorvinaWeb and contains nearly 60% of the library stock. Our card-index was settled the 1st January 2005, but it still plays a role in retrival of items within the stock containing different types of material, for the retrospective processing of materials has still been in progress.
The electronic catalogue can be used in many ways, from simple search to search and browse with Boolein Operators. Entering reader's profile you can see your loans and the due dates of materials. If there is no hold placed on the items, they can be electronically renewed once.
To search the data base, type a keyword and the year of publication into the boxes then choose the language and the place and also the type of the material from the submenu.
While by simple search you can only choose one criterium at a time, in complex search you can use our electronic catalogue which contains nearly 300 items that include
It is a great help for thoes interested in or searching local history that
- studies and
are now available as a result of analytic processing.
In the OPAC hits are displayed in a short form. The number of hits per page is to set manually, before you do search. By clicking show, you can see the hits in a long form where also the entries are displayed. The function called basket helps you to select relevant hits from the set. To use basket, just put a tick into the box in front of the hit.
Using the function browse you can search the data base by authorities (e. g. author, title, subject added entry, subject heading) You can choose the heading from the submenu and then type the keyword on the input surface. By clicking on browse you can see the heading and its close matches. This way you can retrive all the records belonging to a heading, just like in a card-index. This way of searching can come to be useful if you are uncartain about spelling or you have to select items from a set of headings with the same spelling. In the first column you can find the number belonging to the heading in question and then the heading itself. By clicking on the selected heading, you can see the records related to that heading displayed in the well-known short form.
Using search again, your hit list can be retrived.
· It is enough to type a (specific) keyword in one or more of the heading fileds
· Numbers in ISBN field are to be typed without any hyphenation or space
· Symbol % is to be used for truncation
· Truncation is possible either at the beginning or at the end of a word, but not at the same time
· In case of uncertainity, a letter in the keyword can be replaced by a ?
· Keywords are not key-sensitive
· Letters with and without an accent are regarded as different characters
· Also the name of a contributor can be typed in author field
· On searching a call number, a dash is to be put into the space between the alphabetical and the numerical part of the call number
Some Useful Tips on Use of the Catalogue
· Please read Practical Information before you use the catalogue for the first time, because different systems offer different possibilities.
· Always think over carefully what you need , what you are looking for. The set of relevant hits is based on a query formed appropriately.
· If the set of hits is too large, please use filters.
· If the set of hits is too small, please compose your query more general.
· If there is no hit please make sure that
- there is no spelling mistake
- there are no special characters typed on the input surface
- keywords are typed in the right fields
- the keyword chosen by you is the same as the keyword used by the system